TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - I don't know yet.
People Seeking Info

Subject I don't know yet.

Posted by OverZealous (CT) on June 24, 2014 at 12:45 PM
  This message has been viewed 244 times.

In Reply To Are you gonna continue to use the oe lines or change to ss posted by TTZ2NV(EPTmotorsports) on June 24, 2014 at 10:34 AM

Message I don't think there's any magic in the shape of the OEM tube other than to route it around the turbo to the CHRA. Rebending the OEM line to increase scavenging seems reasonable (if necessary), as does using SS with appropriate heat shielding.

I speculate the exposure to soak-back will be greatly reduced by simply re-installing the OEM turbo heat shields such that there's really no need to re-bend the OEM line or install aftermarket SS. Buying new OEM, which includes the tin foil heat shield, would also alleviate this concern until it rusts out again. If that takes many, many years Bernie would argue that's good enough and I would agree.

I would strongly recommend anyone tracking their Z to leave the hood open immediately after any hard runs to help bring the temps back down quickly and minimize the expose to heat soak-back. This is probably obvious to you guys tracking your cars already but now we know one weak point with dire consequences on the Z32 for which doing this is very important.

OverZealous (CT)

My General posts (click)
My Technical posts (click)

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.